Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkins

What is it about pumpkins this time of year? The color, the shapes and sizes? How they look on our front porch, spruce up a yard? Or is it looking forward to carving them for Halloween night and digging out the yucky pulp and seeing them glow from the inside out? I remember the first time my girls experienced this and they loved digging and scaping the pumpkins and the designs I carved out for them. I teach a lesson with my Kindergarteners where they draw overlapping pumpkins after visiting the pumpkin patch. Last year, I had the priviledge of teaching my oldest daughter and her drawing was mentioned as "artist of the month" for our school. I think pumpkins just make us happy and remind us of fond memories of our childhood during the season!

No comments:

Recycled Jewelry!