Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Leaves?

Today my family and I packed in the car and drove up the mountains to Doughton park. As we were going up the mountains, I noticed the leaves weren't as colorful and the wind storm recently blew them off. Kind of disappointing. However, we were able to meet my parents there and spend precious time with them hiking and eating yummy ham biscuits at the cafe at the 3,400ft mark. When I stepped into the door, I noticed someone's name on the list as "Doughton".  Turns out, Mr. Doughton, relative of Bob Doughton, who the park on the blue ridge was named after, was standing behing me! We talked a little bit and I was privileged to meet him and share a moment in NC history of the blue ridge. I'm proud to be a native of NC!

No comments:

Recycled Jewelry!