Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wellness Weekend!


Yes, this is me riding a mountain bike for the first time ever! My hubby has begged me for 13 years to ride one with him and I did it all by myself! I feel energized after a relaxing weekend with the gals from the Siskey YMCA here in Matthews, NC. I highly recommend it in the future to any woman, young or old!
The weekend started with a charter bus ride to camp harrison located in the NC mountains. I laughed the whole hour and a half up there with my seat partners as we were handed out free samples of food and drink and given the agenda for the weekend by the Y staff. I felt spoiled already! Coming around the bend, we saw the sunset across the sky, the full moon with a tee-pee on top of the mountain. The camp staff was on horseback waving as we arrived! Like a picture perfect moment!!! We all screamed in excitement as we unloaded and were given more freebies and checked into our cabin in the dining hall. The cabins were filled with beautiful bunks and heat and air! WOW! I'm not roughing it, I thought to myself. We all took a bus up the mountain to the campfire where live music was playing and we ate smores. YUM! Yes, I ate a whole Hershey bar!
After settling in, we awoke to the music of Denise (the camp director) playing music from her "big, bad truck". I did sunrise yoga and headed out to mountain bike after breakfast. After and hour and a half (and a sore rear end) I fed goats, hopped on a horse and rode a trail around the camp. Yes, I sat on cold water bottles and an ice pack that night! OUCH! We had such perfect weather that we ate outside and had smores by the campfire again the second night. Yes, another Hershey bar! I figured I deserved it after all that working out!
The last morning, I woke up feeling refreshed and decided to zip-line after breakfast. I jumped off a very high tower of the ropes course and zipped across the course screaming at the top of my lungs in fear and exhileration! I did it all by myself! Later that morning, I met my lady friends for a hike to a water fall and ran back down the trail to catch the bus and leave. Too soon for me! I had soo much fun and really let go this weekend. I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Recycled Jewelry!